Safe and Better Together!
Crossroads Staff is committed to providing a safe and healthy space for all our dancers, families, staff, and guests during this pandemic. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure the cleanliness of our facility and procedures while classes are in session with social distancing, arrival/dismissal, and more. In addition, we continue to receive guidance from CDC and VDH for any updates and questions.
We appreciate all those entering our facility supporting us in our efforts to uphold this commitment to ensure our dancers continue to have a place to dance and put a smile on their faces.
All patrons entering our studio need to review our COVID protocols and complete any necessary waivers or information prior to entering.
UPDATED 8/21/22- The health and safety of our Crossroads community remains our number one priority. We will continue to monitor the latest CDC and local government guidelines, making any changes or adjustments to our protocols as needed throughout the season. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these constantly evolving times.
- We continue to monitor our class capacities to ensure dancers not only are able to be seen and receive instructor attention but to be sure we help with crowding.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
- We continue to encourage drop-off upon arriving at the studio.
- Our Customer Care Team’s role is to be 100% committed to assisting dancers at our front door at the beginning and end of each class as well as, during classes if students need anything.
- If your dancer is age 6 and under please walk them to the front door and make sure he/she is settled before you leave.
- Our waiting area has limited availability to avoid crowding and distraction while classes are in session.
- At the end of class, all dancers will be picked up at the lobby doors where our staff will be stationed to assist with dismissal.
For the continued health and safety of our faculty and students, any conversations/questions needed with our team members/teachers should be set up through email or by phone with our Customer Care Team. This allows us to focus on making sure dancers get 100% of their learning time and that the transition from car to class AND class to car is a success.
We welcome your email, call, text, or scheduled conference to address any questions or concerns. Our team is staying strongly committed during this pandemic. We’re grateful for the patrnership by our parents and staff to make dance possible.
- Masks are now optional for patrons/visitors and students while in Crossroads facilities.
- You SHOULD wear a mask if:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19
- Until 10 days after a positive COVID-19 test and are around other people
- We will continue to perform temperature checks for anyone entering our building, but will NO longer be requiring personal health assessments.
- Temps reading 100.4 or higher will not be allowed inside the building.
- Students should self-monitor for symptoms and should not report to class, and notify Crossroads staff, when displaying COVID-19 symptoms (whether or not accompanied by a formal COVID-19 diagnosis) or when identified as having close contact with a person who has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis or is displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
BRING EACH DAY
- Students will have cubbies to place belongings.
- Belongings should be minimized to only those things needed for class.
- Students should bring their own water bottle.
- Crossroads continues to follow all CDC cleaning and disinfecting recommendations throughout the building.
- Products used on surfaces and our floors for disinfection are through Pro Solutions Direct which has EPA-approved products for this virus strand.
- Our studio is an Enviro Shield member to enhance our protection of disinfection. Learn More